I am having a blast with my girls these days. They are hilarious, and smart and creative. It's been fun to watch them play together. And incredibly irritating when they fight.
They've been sick the past two weeks. Today, after a long day of whining (combined with lack of sleep), I was just "done" and sat down on the floor and started to cry. Livvy came up to me and began to console me. First, a hug. Then she traced my face with her finger. Then, she grabbed a bottle of water because I might need a drink. After that, oddly enough, she told me I needed to put hand sanitizer on my hands.
Her last resort was to look at me, put her hands on her hips and say, " Mom, get off your butt."
It's always fascinating to hear your voice being channeled by your kid. Ha ha. Drinks of water, hugs, hand sanitizer, then the command to get up and deal with life.
Too funny.
Also today, Annika said one of her first true sentences. We were at a store. She was thirsty. One of the clerks went to get us water. I told her that "uncle" was getting the water. She said: "Uncle, Annie, a ba ba!" Translated: "Uncle, get me water."
Funny the difference between her first sentence and Olivia's. Olivia said, "pretty bird in the tree."
Love my ladies.
Here are a few other noteworthy phrases from our girls, mostly Livvy:
"I wish I were a mermaid with a tail and those boob things (aka, a seashell bra)."
"Ok Anni, I'm not frovoking (provoking) you. On my birthday we will go trick or treating. Anni, you are the best." (We've been telling her lately not to provoke her sister, which inevitably ends up in Annika biting Livvy.)
"I love you Anni. I draw a picture and we will be holding hands."
The other day, I found Olivia squeezing juice from an orange I had peeled into a cup. She wanted to put it in a bag and send it to Utah to her friend, Maryanne.
From anni:
At bedtime, she gets a sippy water and then I'll pat her bum so soothe her to sleep. Now, she gets in the crib and says: "ba ba, bum."
1 comment:
Cute Girls!!!! Miss you, hope everyone is feeling better soon.
Post a Comment