The fruit is super-stinky. Sharon and Andrew, who brought it over, said our house would stink two days. I'm sure belching it up right now. Taste-wise, it was sweet. And bitter. And gooey..in a creamy sort of way. And kind of burned as it went down. But not in a bad way. It really does "warm" your body like people say.
Sharon taught me that if you fill the hull of the Durian with water and wash your hands, the stink will get off your fingers.
Enjoy the pics. If you want some good descriptions of Durian, go to Wikipedia. xxx
This fruit is seriously spiky. Hurts to hold it-type of spikes.
Cracking it open.
Hey bro!
Why did I allow my wife to make me try this a second time?







1 comment:
Oh my gosh! I can't believe you had it IN your house. I hope it's only two days before the smell is gone. I ended up finally tasting it when I went back to Singapore to visit a friend. Nasty stuff! But I did find that I had kind of missed the smell. ;)
Post a Comment