Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Gardens by the Bay

I debated whether to label this post "Brave New World," or something of the sorts. Singapore has this great new park that just opened with gorgeous gardens and these structures they call "supertrees." Basically, the trees are massive hanging/vertical gardens as tall as 16 storeys. 

They somewhat otherworldly. 

We went to visit this park a few weeks ago, just after it opened. It was HOT. But we loved it.

Here's Troy and his two little explorers. We had just gotten off the nice, air-conditioned MRT and started walking in the heat. The supertrees are just across the river. I love Olivia's skeptical look. "You're taking me where, Dad?"

Looks almost as if aliens have invaded.

 Crossing over...


In the Chinese-themed gardens. My sassy Olivia. 

"Guys, it's hot here," says Annika.

Olivia is a good little mommy. She nurses her baby, too.


Happy girl! Love that smile. 

 Brave New World. We arrived. 

"Take me to your leader."

"I'm cooler than a supertree."

Family self-portrait.

Our girls.

Troy trying to lead his family out of the supertree grove. 

"Dude, where's the food?"

2 comments:

JCV said...

Love these pictures!

jill said...

I have pictures of these things from our bus tour and always wondered what they were... now I know!!