Monday, July 16, 2012

Daily Happenings

Here's a glimpse of our morning's these days. Little chaotic now that I'm half-heartedly attempting to feed Annika solids (Stop growing so fast, sweet baby!). If we don't go out to a play date with buddies in the morning, Olivia and I generally do some sort of art project. 

Olivia: "This cereal, mom?"

"Feed me!"

"I'm hungry. So hungry I'll eat this ball."

 "Well...at least I got the ribbon."

Olivia is the sweetest big sister. I asked her to watch Annika while I made her oatmeal (or "hot" as we call it in our house) for breakfast. So, Olivia proceeded to go to Annika's room, pull out all the toys and then read Anni a story. Can you tell how much little sis wants to be like Olivia? She is just watching her constantly...

"Yes, mom. I really did eat the half-cup of cream of wheat you set aside to cook for me. And no, I don't want the cooked stuff. But I'll mix yogurt in it. Can I have some uncooked rice now? Or cous cous? Better yet, how about uncooked oatmeal or pasta?"

"I'll eat anything you give me. Really, can I have some solid foods? Please, mom."

 Olivia, in her best mommy voice: "When you get big, Annika, you can eat just like me."

Our little artist.

"Arrrgh."

In my family, I'm notorious for swaddling my babies super-tight. Well, Olivia has taken note and likes to swaddle her babies while I'm putting Annika down for a nap. Today, she asked me to swaddle her just like baby Annika and put her to sleep.

"Yes mom, I am tired. But I REFUSE to take a nap. Never. Never. Never. 

More breakfast happenings. 

"Mmmm. Finally. Some food." This is one of our first attempts at feeding Annika solids. She likes sweet potatoes. 

 Another art project. Teaching Olivia how to make mini volcanoes with baking soda and vinegar.

2 comments:

Annette said...

You are a great mommy with 2 beautiful girls. Wish I could play with you

Warburtons said...

Love all the fun photos of your cuties. Keep them comming!! Anni is really getting big!